Hawthorne Strategy Group is growing and adding an Account Director to its team. We are looking for someone who will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a commitment to delivering outstanding results to our clients and fellow team members. Hawthorne utilizes a flexible, hybrid work environment where employees work remotely and from the office.
· Responsible for the successful development, execution and delivery of PR campaigns for more than one account; frequently serve as leading day-to-day client contact
· Competently leads one or more small to mid sized projects with little supervision
· May be responsible for managing one or more employees
· Grows existing accounts by providing outstanding client service, consistent results and contributing new and innovative ideas
· Develops thoughtful and highly effective PR and social media programs for clients
· Assists with hiring and skill development of less experienced employees
· Helps create new business programs and presentations
· Develops strong relationships with clients to ensure a positive experience with the firm and its offerings
· Identifies and pursues new clients to contribute to the firm’s growth strategy
· Manages client billing
· Earned a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· 5-7 years of PR experience
· Proven track record of developing both employees and client accounts
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
· Excellent project management and oral communication skills
· Experience using Cision, Meltwater, or similar monitoring and media database tools preferred
· Excellent news writing, editing and proofreading abilities
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
Hawthorne Strategy Group specializes in strategic communications, issues management, public policy, and community and media relations. Our process is focused on achieving measurable results, bringing big-picture strategies coupled with focused tactics, Hawthorne provides the experience of a big public relations firm with the tailored attention of a small agency. Hawthorne offers a flexible working environment, competitive salary, a full benefit package including profit-sharing, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability. Hawthorne offers a robust professional development program, including partial student loan repayment. Hawthorne is committed to equity and inclusion.
Please submit resume, writing samples, and cover letter to Cynthia McCafferty, Cynthia@hawthornestrategy.com.